Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hi

Hey everyone. I dropped off the face of the earth once again. I tried so hard to post pictures of my camp from over spring break but I think that my computer is too slow so I'm going to try doing it at school next Thursday...no promises though.

Just a little catch-up though. So I'm taking this culture and cuisine class at UNLV for my multiculural credit. Its been a blast and I've made some new friends and I've had alot of new experiences.

I had Dim Sum for the first time and if you've never had it....DO IT! It's a great experience. I do suggest taking a Chinese friend or a friend who has had alot of experience. I also had Thai, German, Spanish and Danish food for the first time. Its been a blast. Not only because I like to eat but also because I didn't realize how little I knew about other cultures.

The best part of this update is that there is a new chapter of the Best Buddies oraganization starting at UNLV and I have been asked my the president to be her vice president. Alex the president and I met last semester and we went to camp together. Best buddies program allows a "typical" person adopt a friend with a cognitive or developmental disability.

Finally I am starting to look at grad schools. Next summer will be my internship and then I will be starting grad school in the fall, unless I get a job offer that I can't pass up. So I'm thinking about Law school (for disability advocacy), alternative Recreation therapy (rock climbing, kayaking, camping for people with physical disabilities), or occupational therapy (pediatrics). So I'm going to apply for all of them, 9 schools total, but what do you all think?

3 comments:

Terry and Heather said...

ARIZONA ARIZONA ARIZONA ARIZONA ARIZONA ARIZONA ARIZONA, NEED I SAY MORE?

Soares Family said...

Loved going to the Indian place....not sure I would go on my own, but now I know what to order!!! I had a BLAST! As far as what to do? I think you would be GREAT with recreational or occupational!!! But I know that you can do any of it! And try to go to Ireland for your internship....what an awsome experiance that would be!

Monica and James Nielsen said...

i agree with shanna and usu offers that program!! plus there are great places that the local adaptive recreation place goes to!