Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. Ours was wonderful. I spent it with my family (I couldn't imagine Christmas without them). Of course it wasn't as normal as every year. I struggled getting into the spirit of it all, but with all the shopping and cooking and forcing myself to listen to Christmas music (generally I can't get enough of it but this year it was a bit of a struggle to hear it), I eventually just decided to make it a really spiritual year and focus on the real meaning. That helped allot. Then Brice went and cut down the world's ugliest and most deadly Christmas tree. The Christmas tree is my favorite decoration with exception to my mom's fantastic nativity set. So as pathetic as that may sound that was another emotional issue I had to over come. I do want to say thank you Brice for the tree anyway. My family didn't celebrate on Christmas, Mom and Brice had to work, so we celebrated on Saturday. It didn't really feel like a normal Warren Christmas, but it was wonderful to be with my family.

So I got this awesome whimsical cake cook book....Thank you nephew, Mark. I intend on using it from now on for special occasions. WARNING...you all will be eating cake for your birthdays from now on. I also got some really nice clothes that I'm excited to wear on my return to school this semester. And I got a beautiful pashmina throw, that will come in handy at church, since it always seems to be only 32 degrees in that building.We had a delicious candle lit dinner and ice cream for desert (normally we have home made pies but mom ran out of time this year. that's OK though I love ice cream too). I love Christmas!

1 comment:

Soares Family said...

Thanks for making this Christmas a wonderful and spiritual Christmas...I know it was hard for you, but you did it and Thank you for a great time! Love you!