Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A whole new world

I'm attempting once again to record some of the special moments of my life. Last time I wrote was almost 8 months ago. So much has changed and I've learned alot. To start off....life lesson #1 things never go as you plan. I got accepted to multiple recreation therapy internships, but I chose the one in Las Vegas. Heavenly Father on the other hand chose the one in Sun Valley, Idaho. An interesting place it is! Not the best expereince of my life, but the best experience I could have in order to benefit the children that I will work with one day, or to meet the people I needed to meet in order to gain perspective on where my future may take me.

That's right....my master's is not what I planned for either. I am now headed in the direction of educational psychology or clinical social work. I met this incredible woman who has the same passion I do for the children that we work with. She complimented my approaches and told me how natural I was with getting the appropriate behavior from the children with special needs and told me that I would enjoy that line of work more. So I checked it out and it turns out she was right. So even though I've had a miserable experience being up here, I know that I was supposed to work with this lady. Like I said things never go as planned....oh the places we'll go.

This is my last semester, and then I will officially have a bachelor's degree. You think that when you get here it will be a big deal, but it turns out that you really just feel the same. The only difference is that I will be jobless and I won't have to be at school. Hmmmmm.......I'm not too sure if that is great or scary or both.....

My sister had her baby. He's healthy and happy. They're both doing well and big brother has been great. He's been helping mommy and hanging out with baby.

Well let's hope that this time I actually stick around to keep up on this stuff

1 comment:

Soares Family said...

and we love you!! We are so proud of all that you have accomplished! Thanks for being there for me as well! Love you!!!!