Saturday, January 29, 2011

Good stuff and exciting things

Long Time, lessons learned and a couple more steps in the right direction. I am blessed to have the amazing family and friends that I have. I can't imagine a life without people like them. They laugh with me through the good times, smile with me through my successes and gather near to me through my struggles. Can anyone aske for anything better then that? I wouldn't change it for the world! I'm feeling a little sarcastic today....so read this light heartedly.

Long time...Since I've been home from Idaho I've been working for Lake Las Vegas. It was a bit of a transition from being outside with kiddos all day to sitting in an office for long periods of time. I know this isn't the career of my choice, but I'm blessed to be able to pay my bills and have some mula to play with. I've also taken my GRE and began applying for graduate school and my path is clear now, so I can proudly say that I will be continuing my education in Recreation Therapy. All in these past few months I've been able to enjoy life and face some struggles and even though a few months seems like so long ago...it also feels like it went by way too fast. Time is getting shorter now that I'm getting older. I finally understand what my mom meant by that.

Lessons learned...I have had some battle with some successes and others not quite qualifying as failures but they definately weren't triumphs. For starts dating. Who thought they'd ever have to do this part again. I will tell you that I would give anything to just skip the awkwardness of first dates and the ever lasting worrying of whether this guy likes me or not. So there is lesson number one. I don't have enough time or energy to care if you like me. I think we have chemistry but if you don't call me again I will be ok. You may think that you are something special, and you might be, but the fact that you didn't call me back means you weren't that special FOR me. Lesson number two. I have more fun when I'm being myself, so if you don't like me the way I am, I'm not going to sweat over it. Lesson three. Initially I liked you, so why are you acting like a fool when we go out. Just stop that! I want to be me but I also want you to be you. Lesson 4. The games...oh the GAMES...they need to stop. I am too old and I know where I'm headed, so when you throw a fit when I have other plans or give me the run around for days because you want to play hard to get, I'm just going to wipe my hands of you. Let's cut all the fluffy flirting crap and just get straight to the point. We aren't getting any younger lets just get from a to b asap. Lesson 5 I know what I want and what I'm looking for so if I don't call you, your probably not what I'm looking for. By the way I would also like to mention that I can only send out so many signals for you to pick up. If you don't catch one of them its no problem with me.

These next few lessons are a bit more important and definately not related to dating. Lesson 6. I need to always be working on being a better person. When I take a break from this process I end up hurting myself or someone around me. This will be an eternal process and not something that will eventually end. It has potential to become easier once I make it a habit. Lesson 7 it is harder to be friends with a girl then a guy and it takes more work, but being friends with a girl has way more value and the triumphs in friendship are much sweeter. Girl talk is incredibly important, so its worth the work. Lesson 8 when you make bad decisions (even when you make bad decisions without consciously knowing) people around you know. Lesson 9 people are free to make their own choices and there is nothing you can do to stop them. You can warn them, counsel them, and love them but you can't force them.

I know I should have already "known" these lessons, but the truth is none of us KNOW these things until we expereince them first hand.

Steps in the right direction...Goals are being reached everyday. For starts I graduated college. Then took my GRE and will be submitting the last of my grad school applications next week. Then I will run a triathlon on April 30, hike Havasuipai Falls in the spring and visit at least one state I haven't seen before (Texas for my brother's wedding). I really want to get another intership before I leave for grad school, so the search is on. Obviously I'm also dating now. I thought my heart would never heal enough to head that direction, but I'm glad to say that it has.

No comments: