Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thoughts on happiness

So believe it or not there is a class about the Psychology of recreation...and its mandatory that I take it. It's been very interesting the things you learn. Do you know happy people live an average of 17 or more years longer then depressed people? Did you also know that optimists have less accurate perception of reality then a pessimist? I have made it the goal to become the happiest pessimist you'll ever meet! LOL!!! (supposedly this is an impossible task but since I'm a happy pessimist anything is possible if I'm real about it).

Yes there is an air of sarcasm in this text.

I suggest everyone read Authentic Happiness by Seligman. My prof. using it as a text book, but it is kind of a self help book to. Really worth the read though

2 comments:

Soares Family said...

So I must be a depressed optimist??? Or an anxious optimist? JK!!! I miss our times together! Thanks for today!

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Ok I am a completely happy pessimist! I'm almost always very happy but I am sometimes negative about certain things because I want to prepare for the worst! That's how I will justify it! Amanda, I love you and I truely appreciate your honesty and your heart!